Audacity is a tool that lets you record and play sounds, as well as import or export WAV, MP3 or AIFF.
Built-in effects include Bass Boost, Wahwah, and Noise Removal, and it also supports VST plug-in effects.
You can use Audacity to edit sounds, mix tracks together or apply effects to your recordings.
Audacity also comes with a full-featured integrated amplitude envelope editor, a frequency analysis window for audio analysis apps and a customizable spectrogram mode.
· LAME MP3 Encoder Library
· 300 MHz CPU (2 GHz recommended, depending on the OS)
· 64 MB RAM (4 GB recommended, depending on the OS)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Bug fixes for:
· Crash using Undo whilst time-shifting a track.
· Crash using Repair if the selection extended into an empty track.
· Export Multiple didn't prevent export if there was no audio or all audio was muted. This allowed export of small invalid files.
· Loop Play of a speeded-up track inserted silence.
· Playback and rendering was significantly inaccurate, creating
· audible and visual glitches.
· The mnemonics character "&" was read out by screen readers in most of the Preferences choices.
· NVDA did not read static text in most dialogs. Text can now be read by using INSERT + B.
· JAWS and Window-eyes misread the "Duration" control in Silence Generator.
· Toolbar buttons could not be pressed by ENTER
· Other interface bug fixes.
Changes and Improvements:
· The SoX Resampler library (libsoxr) has replaced libresample in
· Audacity releases, offering both higher quality and greater speed. .
Time Tracks new features:
· "Set Range" now changes only the range of the Time Tr...