Ableton Live is a powerful and innovative music production software that enables you to compose, remix, record and edit your musical ideas in a seamless audio/MIDI environment.
Ableton Live integrates loop-based and linear production methodologies including unique virtual instruments and effects together in a single interface for unparalleled creative freedom.
In a nutshell, Live is a sophisticated music production system that also works perfectly with Pro Tools M-Powered.
NOTE: In order to export and save Ableton Live projects, you must register for a 30 days trial license within the application.
Here are some key features of "Ableton Live":
· Multicore/multiprocessor support
· Automatic plug-in delay compensation
· Differnet session view
· Nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
· Multiple automation lanes
· MIDI remote control instant mapping
· VST and audio unit support
· MIDI output to hardware synths
· Track Freeze
· MIDI Clock/sync
· Powerful MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
· Multitrack recording capabilities
· Time signature changes
· WAV, AIFF, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC file support
· Multicore processor
· 2 GB RAM
· 1024x768 display
· 3GB free disk space
· Broadband internet connection
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· VST / AU plug-in devices could be inactive after loading a Live set containing a large number of plug-ins (regression in Live 9.0.3).
· The "grab_control" function which allows to gain control over a control surface's button matrix via Max for Live would not work anymore (regression in Live 9.0.3).
· Fixed a bug which could cause the File Manager window to reopen after launching Live.