Yate is a feature-rich OS X application designed for people who take tagging their audio files seriously.
Yate allows you to tag mp3, m4a and FLAC files. Yate is especially proficient in its handling of the ID3 specification.
The ID3 specification describes how tagging information is encoded and interpreted in mp3 files. There is very little in the ID3 specification that Yate does not implement.
Your audio files are important to you. Yate allows you to completely revert to your initial file contents and to back out of all changes you've made since selecting files to edit in any order.
Yate allows the linking of files to iTunes, either by dragging files from iTunes or by using the link menu item. Once a file is linked, you can import or export rating, play count and gapless information between the two applications. You can even have Yate add new files to iTunes, automatically creating the link along the way.
Any file's metadata can be output to a text file or to a plist which is a Mac formatted XML file. Tagging information can also be imported from plist files.
All of your settings, customization and user defined components can be exported for backup or for sharing with other users. This is especially important when defining your own actions which you might want to share with others.
Here are some key features of "Yate":
· handles multiple artwork items
· supports drag in and drag out of artwork
· drag artwork in from the web, any image file, any file containing a png or jpg image and from iTunes
· artwork can be saved to files, folder.jpg or to the containing folder’s icon
· tracks can be dragged from the Finder or iTunes
· add files by folder or by including subfolders
· supports multiple values per field where permitted
· supports multiple fields of the same type where permitted
· customizable FLAC mappings
· Discogs wizard to import data from the Discogs database
· MusicBrainz wizard to import data from the MusciBrainz database
· change indicator to show which files have changed
· changes can be reverted to the last saved version
· editing changes on the current file selection can be undone in any order or all at once
· tracks can be added to iTunes
· tracks can be linked to iTunes and the rating, play count and gapless state can be passed in either direction
· repairs broken file links in iTunes
· displays indicators showing if a file has changed and if it is linked to iTunes, Discogs, MusicBrainz
· files and containing folders can be renamed in a single operation
· user definable actions (scripts). Edit an entire album’s tags by executing a single action
· display ‘what has changed’
· display specification validation errors
· import and export a file’s metadata including artwork, from or to a plist file
· import and export all portions of the application’s data. This allows for backing up and the sharing of actions and other templates
· user settable shortcuts
· user definable toolbar
· preview songs
· growl support
· 14 days trial.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Bug Fix: The Create Symbolic Links function was mangling the name of a folder link.
· The Create Symbolic Links function no longer has a Once option. The creation of a folder link at most once per folder per set of selected files is now handled automatically.
· The Move and Create Symbolic Links functions now have a Spaces to _ option which converts all spaces in the resultant path to underscore characters (_).