McAfee VirusScan for Mac is a tool that runs natively on both Intel and PPC based Macintosh computers.
McAfee VirusScan can be managed by McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator for scalable security policy compliance and graphical reporting. McAfee VirusScan includes true On Access scanning and supports scanning of Apple Mail messages on Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.0 & above).
Here are some key features of "McAfee VirusScan":
Proven anti-virus technology:
· VirusScan for Mac stops every type of virus and malicious code threat, even compressed files; using advanced heuristics and generic detection, VirusScan for Mac protects against new viruses and other threats.
Familiar Mac OS X Aqua user interface:
· VirusScan for Mac uses Apple's Mac OS X Aqua user interface, so you have an instantly familiar Macintosh screen; and with DropScan, you have easy on-demand scanning.
· VirusScan for Mac scans files as they are accessed to determine if they are infected with malware.
· Keeping your Mac systems up to date is as easy as a mouse click; the rapid update system automatically grabs the latest virus updates to ensure full compliance and protection against viruses, worms, and other malicious code threats.
· VirusScan for Mac protects against all types of viruses and other threats, including emerging malware.
· Using McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, you can control, manage, and report using a single-console display.
Security policy enforcement:
· VirusScan for Mac offers continuous policy enforcement for multiple files, directories, or volumes, including volumes on remote computers connected through the network.
· Minimum of 45 MB of disk space
· 512 MB RAM
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for updating virus signatures (DATs) and scanning engine from ePolicy Orchestrator repositories
· Support for updating virus signatures (DATs) and scanning engine from HTTP and local repositories
· Support for specifying a list of FTP, HTTP, and/or local repositories for updating virus signatures (DATs) and scanning engine
· Support for VirusScan for Mac deployment and inst allation from ePolicy Orchestrator
· Support for installing HotFixes and Patches for VirusScan for Mac from ePolicy Orchestrator
· Support for proxy server authentication
· McAfee Agent 4.0 support
· Addition of Minimum Escalation Requirements tool