Dr.Web for Mac OS X protects computers from viruses, spyware, adware, hack-tools, paid dialers and jokers targeting Mac OS X as well as Windows.
Asynchronous scan enables a user to perform any actions with any files instantly – its low system load allows Dr.Web for Mac OS X to run virtually unnoticed.
Apart from working with the application GUI system administrators will also be able to launch and control the anti-virus using the command line and add corresponding commands in Apple Scripts.
Here are some key features of "Dr.Web":
· Scan of autorun objects, removable data storage devices, network and logical drives, e-mails, files, and directories including archives
· Three types of scanning: express, full, and custom
· Automatic, manual, and scheduled scan
· Settings of SpIDer Guard® are password protected against unauthorized modification
· Different actions can be performed with different types of objects: cure, move to the quarantine, delete; action sequences allow you to define which action will be applied to an object if the first action can't be performed
· User-defined file and path exclusions
· Detection and neutralization of viruses disguised with unknown packers
· The anti-virus log contains the time of each event, the name of the scanned object, and the type of action applied to the object
· Automatic (scheduled) and on-demand updating
· Virus notifications, including event sounds, for all viral events
· Quarantine to isolate infected files; quarantine storage time and maximum size can be specified
· Curing, restoring, and removal of quarantined objects
· Detailed operation log
· Modules are available as command line utilities that can be used with Apple Scripts
· 64 MB RAM
· 120 MB free disk space
· Internet access for registration and updating
· 30 days trial