Dr.Web Light is a reliable OS X anti-virus solution to protect your Mac from various types of computer threats using the most advanced virus detection and neutralization technologies.
With implemented scanner you can check the system and efficiently neutralize the detected threats.
The application uses Dr.Web virus databases, which are constantly updated and supplemented with new signatures to assure up-to-date protection.
Also, a heuristic analyzer is used for additional protection against unknown viruses.
Here are some key features of "Dr.Web Light":
· Start express or full system scan or select files and folders to check.
· Check the suspicious files and folders by simple dragging them onto the anti-virus window.
· Take advantage of the scan pausing to preserve the battery power of your Mac and resume the anti-virus check whenever it is convenient for you.
· Set up the automatic reactions of the anti-virus for different types of threats or select actions for each detected threat manually.
· Move the suspicious objects to quarantine, where they are isolated and cannot do harm to your Mac.
· Set up the sound alerts on detecting and deleting threats or moving them to quarantine.
· Select the time interval to download virus databases updates.
· Create a list of the files and folders to exclude from scanning.
· Be familiar with the latest news about viruses and other security threats, as well as about the products of Doctor Web, by reading them directly in the application window.
· Internet connection is required for virus databases updates.
· The scheduling, real-time protection and technical support features are not available
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Dr.Web Virus-Finding Engine has been updated to version;
· Help in Japanese language has been added;
· Crashes of Drwebd when Scanning on Mac OS X have been fixed;
· Error starting up the screensaver while Scanning has been fixed.