ClamXav is a free of charge and straightforward antivirus software for Mac OS X.
ClamXav makes use of the exceptionally popular ClamAV open source antivirus engine as its back end and it features the ability to spot threats for both Mac and Windows.
ClamXav can be easily configured as a passive or active anti-malware solution: it can either scan only the files you send it or you can setup a pre-defined folder on your hard drive to be closely monitored for any incoming files on arrival.
ClamXav is localized in English, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Korean and Spanish.
Here are some key features of "ClamXav":
· Clean, simple-to-use interface
· Clearly lists infected files
· Free virus definitions (usually updated daily)
· Save your favourite scan locations for easy access
· Customise the toolbar- or hide it entirely
· Send selected files to quarantine or trash with one click
· Specify files to exclude using plain text* or by using drag & drop from the Finder
· Specify schedules to update virus definitions and perform scans
· Use ClamXav Sentry to monitor your hard drive and scan new files as they arrive
· Use the bundled ClamAV engine or bring your own installation
· Compatible with 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6 Snow Leopard
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updated engine to ClamAV 0.97.8