Clam AntiVirus is an anti-virus toolkit for UNIX, designed especially for e-mail scanning on mail gateways.
ClamAV provides a command line scanner, advanced tool for automatic database updates and a number of utilities including a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon.
The core of the package is an anti-virus engine available in a form of shared library.
Here are some key features of "ClamAV":
· command-line scanner
· fast, multi-threaded daemon with support for on-access scanning
· milter interface for sendmail
· advanced database updater with support for scripted updates and digital signatures
· virus scanner C library
· on-access scanning (Linux® and FreeBSD®)
· virus database updated multiple times per day (see home page for total number of signatures)
· built-in support for various archive formats, including Zip, RAR, Tar, Gzip, Bzip2, OLE2, Cabinet, CHM, BinHex, SIS and others
· built-in support for almost all mail file formats
· built-in support for ELF executables and Portable Executable files compressed with UPX, FSG, Petite, NsPack, wwpack32, MEW, Upack and obfuscated with SUE, Y0da Cryptor and others
· built-in support for popular document formats including MS Office and MacOffice files, HTML, RTF and PDF
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release fixes problems with the PDF parser and the internal bzip2