Tapbots has issued new updates for Tweetbot users on iOS and OS X urging them to install the new versions before the API change goes into effect on March 5. “All previous versions will stop working due to Twitter API changes,” says Tapbots.
For iPhone and iPad, Tapbots has released Tweetbot 2.7.2, which includes updates to use Twitter's 1.1 API, as well as a few tweaks “to meet Twitter's new UI requirements.”
An important note is included with the changelog. It states, “You MUST upgrade to Tweetbot 2.7.2 or later by March 5th, 2013. All previous versions will stop working due to Twitter API changes.”
Regarding the API change, it’s the same on the Mac – users must update until March 5. But unlike on iOS, Tweetbot 1.2 for OS X delivers a truckload of new features and enhancements (listed below, followed by the download links):
- New options for menubar icon and dock badge. See Notifications in Preferences.
- Enable/disable notifications when a specific user tweets. Control-click on a user you are following and choose “Enable/Disable Notifications” from the context menu.
- Thumbnail support for Vine and Flickr.
- Ability to reorder accounts in account preferences.
- Support for adding .mp4 video to tweets.
- Fixed issue with uploading animated gifs.
- Can now drag .mp4 or images into app icon to create a new tweet.
- Can now open profiles or tweets on twitter.com.
- Clicking on the date label in the status detail will open in your browser.
- If the username/hashtag completion popover appears and you press up arrow when there's no selection or the top item selected, the popover now goes away. Same when at the bottom.
- Fixed the issue where “goto user” would fail if there was a space before or after the username.
- Fixed the issue where a twitter search url didn't work as expected in some cases.
- Fixed the issue where if someone faved your tweet it looked like you faved it.
- “View in Favstar” now respects open links in background preference
- Fixed the issue where when creating new tweet, typing something, hitting escape and then clicking somewhere would dismiss the tweet.
- Fixed the issue with changing muted keyword durations.
- Updated to use Twitter's 1.1 API.
- Updated to meet some of Twitter's new UI requirements.